Types of Roofing Materials for Repairs and Reroofing
When the time comes for repairs or re-roofing, there are many types and styles of roofing products from which to choose. To avoid making costly mistakes, there are several factors to consider when making your choice, such as longevity, weight, maintenance, climate, and local fire and safety codes. Harvard Roofing & Sheet Metal of Langley, repairs and re-roofs sloped and flat roofs, using the best quality roofing materials from many trusted and reputable brands including:
- BP Shingles
- Firestone Building Products
- GAF® Shingles
- Owens Corning®
- Pabco® Roofing Soprema
Many types of roofing materials require skilled, competent roofing contractors to ensure proper installation, and some manufacturers require approved installers, to make their warranties valid. The hardworking teams at Harvard Roofing & Sheet Metal are RCABC members and have the training, experience and technical expertise required for repairing and re-roofing residential and commercial buildings.
Selection of materials used in repairs and re-roofing
- Asphalt/Composition Shingles: most commonly used, affordable, lightweight, easy to maintain and repair, many styles and colours, lasting 15-50 yrs depending on quality
- Metal: light, durable, fire-safe, low maintenance, environmentally friendly, long-lasting 40-60yrs, but can be noisy and leaks can be difficult to find
- Clay/Concrete: expensive, requires appropriate support framework, very durable, fire-resistant and low-maintenance
- Slate: upscale aesthetic, costly, heavy, durable for 100+ yrs, low-maintenance, fire-safe and eco-friendly
- Wood Shingles and Shakes: rustic aesthetic for sloped roofs, last 25-30 yrs, flammable unless treated, higher maintenance to keep free of algae, moss, & debris
- SBS Membrane for Flat Roofs: affordable, durable, lasting 20-25 yrs
Whichever type you choose, when it comes to repairing or re-roofing your home or commercial property, selecting the best quality materials and having a skilled team to do the work will increase your roofs longevity and save you money in the long-term.
At Harvard Roofing & Sheet Metal, we stand behind the work we do. We are WorkSafe BC compliant, COR certified, and we carry $10 million liability insurance. Our customers receive the finest work possible and our work is guaranteed and competitively priced.
If you have any questions or would like a free consultation for replacement of an existing roof, contact Harvard Roofing & Sheet Metal. We service the entire Lower Mainland, from Squamish to Chilliwack and would love to hear from you!